Thursday, December 6, 2012

Testimony

There’s nothing I hold onto! GOD IS MY ROCK! Even if I’m stressed, He is the answer. I will not be moved, because God is my rock and my salvation.
GOD, I LOVE MY FRIENDS! I love You, God! You are the best. You know how to make me feel better. You really do.
Jesus, I will look at You. I will not look at the storm, or the lies or any worries. I will stand on You, my rock, and on Your Word, Your promises.
You promise me deliverance, freedom, and peace. You never fail, God.
Every single time I needed You this semester, God, You have been there for me. I can see it now so much better than I have ever been able to before. Keep teaching me, Father, and let me keep listening. I want to do it Your way, because any other way only results in emptiness. I don’t want to be anywhere except where You are. But I know You are with me, and You will never leave.

~ I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds, I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name O Most High. ~ Psalm 9:1-2

~ The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.  ~ Psalm 9: 9-10

~ For the needy shall not always be forgotten, and the hope of the poor shall not perish forever. ~ Psalm 9:18

~ “O afflicted one, storm-tossed and not comforted, behold, I will set your stones in antimony, and lay your foundations with sapphires. I will makes your pinnacles of agate, and your gates of carbuncles [crystal], and all your walls of precious stones. All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of you children. In righteousness you shall be established; you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear; and from terror, for it shall not come near you. ~ Isaiah 54:11-14

            This has been a crazy awesome three month journey. Crazy, because of challenges, obstacles, and fears, but awesome because God has worked in my life. He has helped me to overcome anxieties, make friendships, be myself, and trust Him. He has brought me farther than I thought I would ever be able to come. My life is filled with so much hope, and it is all because of Jesus.
Things may not look perfect around me right now (*cough* school *cough *homework *cough*cough*), but this is the testimony of a life changed. God has changed me since coming to PLBC (Bible college). He has worked in me so much, and all the good things that have happened are from Him. In all the times of trial, He was there for me and helped me to overcome. He helped me to do things I have never done before, and I have experienced a new kind of freedom since school began. Even before the semester started, God started to bring me closer to Him. (He started to get my attention, and I finally listened.) I jumped on the bandwagon and said, “God, take me wherever You want me to go.”
Trusting in Him brings hope. He is always working behind the scenes – within us, in other people, in the things happening around us.  Sometimes we don’t even know it; He has got something great planned for us until it hits us.  That’s when we exclaim, “God, You’re so GOOD!”
Side note: I wish I could watch a movie of my life this semester and see the progression of how my life has changed. Maybe a story is in order. 
Seriously, God is so good and so faithful. He knows exactly what we are going through -– exactly –- and He knows where we have come from even better than we know it ourselves. He knows the how and why, and if we let Him show us, He will bring us new freedom in areas we have left untouched for fear of what might happen. When we call out to God, He responds. He will pick us up and come in with His love. Call out to Him and let His love in. He wants to help you.

Praise Him - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqByIP69ejI
Nothing I Hold On To - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZV0n9dC34U

No comments:

Post a Comment